HIJRA’s livelihood programming in Somalia and Uganda largely aims to contribute to improved resilience and increased adaptive capacities of communities and households to protect their livelihoods over continuing shocks.
The intended outcomes of our programmes are:
- Improved access to productive livelihood for enhanced food access;
- Protection of livelihood assets through the establishment of social safety nets;
- Improved capacities of communities to respond to and cope with recurrent shocks stressors
- Conducting participatory, in-depth, vulnerability assessments and systems analysis at community level;
- Promote sustainable production and diversification of income through beneficiary training and enhancing household community assets;